Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SWALLOWED PAIN

I look at her tremendous girth
I know the truth.

She strains to move, to breathe, to live.
I know the truth.

Her deep, sad eyes are screaming!
I catch her thousand mile stare
and know what she is thinking.

I care, but do not dare to share
what were, but are no longer there:
My pain, my truth.

It is not food--but PAIN
that she has swallowed,
yet in vain.

She dreams of whom she was
inside this fortress she alone has built
to keep love out.

The love she knew bore lies and pain.
How could it be if truth is love
that any love is pain?

"Why me?" "Help me!" "Save me!"
Her silent prayers are deafening.
"Of truth and love, I know I am unworthy."

Her pleas, unfettered reach the heavens.
Through cloud and rain a silent answer sifts.
Her burdened spirit lifts.

LOVE, unconditional, fearless, free
at once embraced and understood.
Her vision, an enlightenment for TRUTH.

Empowered now by her own TRUTH.
Confronting the old lies of love,
Her life begins by ending swallowed pain.

No comments: